Fairfax County, VA - September 22, 2010 - Oenophiles and vintners alike will be raising a glass to wines fromthe award-winning wineries and vineyards of the Commonwealth throughout October in honor of Virginia Wine Month.
Fairfax County's sole winery, Paradise Springs of Clifton is celebrating with special discounts on tasting fees throughout the month, and plans to pour samples of its wine selection at Clifton Day (www.cliftonday.com) on October 10th from 9 am - 5 pm near the center of town. If you taste a wine that you like, they will be selling bottles at the booth all day. A full list of special events and other information about the winery is available online at www.paradisespringswinery.com.
Virginia wine lovers can also commemorate the month at one of the many restaurants and wine bars across the County that feature labels from the Commonwealth on their wine lists, among which include:
- Boxwoods Restaurant & The Well at The Mason Inn (http://bit.ly/themasoninn)
- The Capital Grille in Tysons Corner (www.thecapitalgrille.com/Locations/TysonsCorner/Main.asp)
- Chef Geoff's Tysons Corner (www.chefgeoff.com/chef-geoffs-tysons-home.html)
- Entyse at The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner (http://bit.ly/entyse)
- Heart in Hand (http://heartinhandrestaurant.com)
- Trummer's On Main (http://trummersonmain.com/home/)
- Vinifera Wine Bar & Bistro (www.viniferabistro.com)
Visit Fairfax is the official tourism organization for Fairfax County, Virginia. Charged with destination marketingand tourism promotion, it is directed by many of the County's top tourism and hospitality leaders. For more information, please visit www.fxva.com.
# # #