November 4, 2017
7:45am-8:30am Packet pick-up, 8.30am start, Ride lasts from 11:30am-1:30pm
9518 Workhouse Way, Lorton, VA 22079
2nd Annual Tour De Mt. Vernon Ride
Mount Vernon District Supervisor Dan Storck invites you to join him for a community bike ride on Saturday November 4, 2017, at 8:30 am- starting and ending at the Workhouse Arts Center in Lorton.
The Mount Vernon District is home to many cultural and environmental resources and the ride will provide an opportunity to visit some of its hidden treasures. Here is a link to the route: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/25850969
- Workhouse Arts Center (ride starts and end here by Bldg. 11)
- Woodlawn and Frank Lloyd Wright’s Pope-Leighey House
- Pohick Bay Regional Park
- George Mason’s Gunston Hall
- Mason Neck State Park - The country’s first bald eagle preservation refuge
- Liberty Crest at Laurel Hill - Adaptive re-use of the former Lorton Prison
The Tour de Mount Vernon will bring cyclists on a 35-mile ride on paved trails, and in a few areas, the ride will be on the road, with safety monitors along the route. This will be a fun ride with some challenging sections on the route. And, to add to the fun, you can collect “poker cards” at specific locations that will qualify you for prize drawings at the end.
Grab your bike friends and family to ride this scenic route, enjoy the outdoors, and the find the hidden treasures of the Mount Vernon District.
- Fee is $20.00 per rider. You must pre-register by November 1.
- No walk-up registrations are permitted.
- We require a first name and last name for each ticket.
- Event is rain or shine, see policies below.
- Registration includes Mt. Vernon Socks and a $5 donation to Fairfax Alliance for Better Bicycling
Advance registration is required by October 30 through Fairfax Alliance for Better Bicycling. More information about the ride and links for riders and volunteers to register are available on Supervisor Storck’s webpage or by calling his office at 703-780-7518.
Sue Bernstein is the point of contact: Susan.email@example.com