Kale Salad with Poached Egg
Executive chef Andrew Dixon arrived in the D.C. area from the Four Diamond Award-winning Semiahmoo Resort in Blain, Washington - consistently recognized as one of the Pacific Northwest's top destinations. As Executive Chef from 2007 through 2010, he managed six food outlets for three properties, which included development of menus and managing the culinary teams for all properties.
Yield: 8 servings as a starter, 4 as an entree
- 1 bag Earthbound Farms chopped kale
- 1 cup garlic croutons
- 1 cup pecorino cheese, grated
- 1 each lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 batch Caesar dressing
- 4-8 each poached eggs
- 3 each anchovy fillets, rinsed
- 2 ea garlic cloves
- 1 tea Dijon mustard
- 1 ea egg yolk
- 2 shots tabasco sauce
- 1 each lemon, ½ juiced, ½ for salad
- ½ tea sherry vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tbl pecorino, fresh grated
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Dressing - Combine the anchovy, garlic, mustard, vinegar, and half of the lemon. Puree in a food processor until smooth. Slowly add the olive oil while the food processor is running. Add the cheese. Adjust the seasoning with the lemon, salt, pepper, and tabasco.
- Eggs - Bring a pot of water to a simmer. Add the eggs and poach until the whites are just set.
- Salad - Toss the kale with the lemon juice from the second half of lemon, a pinch of salt, and fresh ground pepper. Add the dressing and croutons, toss until well incorporated. Garnish with the fresh grated pecorino cheese, Poached Eggs, and fresh ground pepper.