Discover the real George Washington at Mount Vernon! In addition to being America’s most visited historic home, the estate now includes 25 interactive galleries and theaters. The Ford Orientation Center and the Donald W. Reynolds Museum & Education Center feature artifacts, original movies, hands-on exhibits, and an immersive Revolutionary War "snow" experience. Learn about Washington’s life, from his boyhood to his wartime service, agricultural entrepreneurship, and his presidency. Tour the beautifully restored mansion, four distinctive gardens, and get a glimpse of Mount Vernon’s working farm.
- Admission Fee: Adults, $20; Seniors (ages 62+), $19; Youth (ages 6-11), $10; Children under 5 are free. Military members, veterans, and dependents eligible for $3 off adult general admission price.
- Discounts Available: Military, Senior, Member, Children, Groups
- Payment Methods Accepted: American Express, Cash, Discover, Master Card, Visa
- Operating Hours: Open 365 days of the year. April - October, 9am - 5pm. November - March, 9am - 4pm.
- Gift Shop/Shopping On Site:
- Restrooms Onsite:
- Motorcoach/Bus Parking:
- Food Served: On-site food court, On-site restaurant
- Handicap accessible:
- Hearing services available:
- Distance to Nearest Metro Station (mileage): 9
- Nearest Metro Station: Huntington
- Metro Line(s): Yellow
- Additional Metro Info: Take Metrorail's Yellow Line to Huntington Station. Exit at the lower level of the station (Huntington Avenue) to catch a Fairfax Connector bus to Mount Vernon. Board the Fairfax Connector Bus #101, the Fort Hunt Line, for a 20-minute trip to Mount Vernon's entrance gate.
George Washington's Mount Vernon Meeting Facility
- Space Notes: The Mansion's East Lawn offers spectacular views across the Potomac River, unparalleled access to the grounds and historic area, and is always the perfect setting for creating an unforgettable evening for your organization. The Donald W. Reynolds Museum and Education Center offers an intimate event space coupled with access to Mount Vernon's brand-new, award-winning Museum and Education Center exhibits. Please note that food and beverage are limited to the lobby area. The Ford Orientation Center is a stunning split-level building, ideal for both standing and seated events. This building also houses two movie theaters and the remarkable Mount Vernon in Miniature in the center of the Lower Lobby.
- Description: Just 16 miles south of Washington, D.C., lantern-lit lanes, breathtaking Potomac River views, and exclusive access to the most popular historic home in America make Mount Vernon one of the most desirable event locations in the Washington, D.C. area. From black-tie galas to intimate tours of the Mansion, Mount Vernon offers unforgettable experiences for groups of all sizes. Fireworks over the Potomac River, an award-winning Museum and Education Center, and the stunning backdrop of George Washington's beloved home are just a few of the offerings not available anywhere else!
Meeting Facility Rooms
|Room Name||Banquet Capacity||Reception Capacity|
|The Donald W. Reynolds Museum and Education Center||100||300|
|Ford Orientation Center||300||400|