The Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center near Washington Dulles International Airport is the companion facility to the museum on the National Mall. The two sites together showcase the largest collection of aviation and space artifacts in the world. Visitors can walk among aircraft and small artifacts in display cases located on the floor, and view aircraft hanging from the arched ceiling on elevated skywalks. The Udvar-Hazy Center also features flight simulators, a state-of-the-art IMAX theatre, an observation tower overlooking Washington Dulles International Airport and enough special events to keep you coming back for more., including Don't miss the annual Air & Scare and various Family Days throughout the year! The Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center can be reached by car (parking fee $15) and is also accessible by public transportation from the Washington, D.C. area via Metro and Fairfax Connector bus.
- Admission Fee: Free museum admission; $15 parking fee until 4pm daily.
- Operating Hours: Regular Hours: 10:00 am to 5:30 pm. Open every day except Christmas Day.
- Gift Shop/Shopping On Site:
- Restrooms Onsite:
- Charge for Parking:
- Motorcoach/Bus Parking:
- Food Served: On-site food court
- Handicap accessible:
- Hearing services available:
- Distance to Nearest Metro Station (mileage): 9
- Nearest Metro Station: Wiehle- Reston East
- Metro Line(s): Silver
- Additional Metro Info: Bus service is available from the Wiehle-Reston East Metro station via Fairfax Connector's 983 bus. Visit fairfaxconnector.com for schedules and fare information.