The home of Richard Bland Lee, northern Virginia’s first congressman, the main house at Sully was built in 1794. The house is furnished with antiques of the federal period. Outbuildings include a kitchen, smokehouse, slave quarters and stone dairy. Formal and kitchen gardens complement the house. Educational programs, craft demonstrations and living history events are offered throughout the year, along with guided tours, highlighting the early 19th century life of the Lee Family, tenant farmers, and enslaved African Americans. The site is included on the National Register of Historic Places.
Sully Historic Site Meeting Facility
- Number of Rooms: 1
- Classroom Capacity: 16
- Description: The Wagstaff Conference Room is named in honor of Edward “Eddy” Wagstaff, Sully‘s first curator and the main person that helped save Sully from destruction in the late 1950’s when Sully and several other properties were going to be destroyed to make room for nearby Dulles Airport. “Eddy” also kept the property open and toured visitors around for several years before the Park Authority could fully staff the park and restore the beautiful buildings. The private conference room is ideal for team meetings. It comfortably accommodates approximately 16 people, with flexible seating and table space.