Tis' The Season To Ride Silver
Even Jolly Saint Nick agrees, 'tis the season to ride the Silver Line for more convenient access to two of the region's major shopping destinations-Tysons Corner Center and Tysons Galleria. Metro, together with Tysons Partnership and Tysons Corner Center invite you to enjoy "Silver Saturdays," a special holiday promotion to encourage Metro riders from across the region to visit the great shopping and entertainment destinations that are now easily accessible via the Silver Line. The promotion includes a full slate of discounts from participating retailers, restaurants and hotels available to Metro riders who show their SmarTrip card on Silver Saturdays this holiday season.
Silver Saturdays: TCC and Metro are collaborating on Silver Saturdays:
- Show your Metro fare card at the TCC Concierge Desk and receive special offers from TCC retailers.
- Show your SmarTrip card and get up to three gifts wrapped for free with silver wrapping paper and your choice of a bow.
- Hold onto your hats, because the new "Deliv" service may just be groundbreaking. For Metro riders who don't want to worry about how they will get their packages home, see info on the Deliv service below.
Deliv: One of the challenges of holiday shopping on vacation or by using public transportation is getting gifts back home. Whether you are a local resident or a visitor who is staying in a nearby hotel, it can be tough getting your gift purchases back home or to your hotel if you are riding Metro. With the Deliv service, shoppers can have ALL of their purchases shipped to their home or hotel within a 10 mile radius for just $5!
- Shipping is same day service (or next day service if the shopper prefers) within a 10 mile radius.
- Select retailers are participating in Deliv and can offer service right in the store.
- For other retailers, shopper may either bring packages to Guest Services - or just text Guest Services and someone will come to you!
Holiday Shopping: This year, TCC is doing a couple of things that are pretty unique, including Santa's HQ (complete with line reservations) and a few other unique shoppers' amenities:
- Concierge Services: you can text the TCC concierge for anything you need while shopping to maximize your shopping/dining experience. Example: you want to locate the American Girl Doll Store from where you are in the mall. Just text the concierge and ask for in-mall directions. While you're at it, the Concierge can also help you make lunch reservations at the American Girl Cafe for a memorable day with your daughter. (text 703-997-0950)
- The concierge can also accept packages for the Deliv service noted above or will send someone to meet you (wherever you are in the mall!) to pick up your purchases for delivery. They'll scan your credit card right there, and your packages will "meet you at home" by 4pm that day.