Fairfax County License Plates - Order By Mail
Follow the following simple instructions to pre-order your new Fairfax County license plates by mail. Remember, the DMV requires 350 pre-paid commitments before the new plates can go into production. Help us achieve that goal by ordering yours today!
For any questions, please take a look at our list of Frequently Asked Questions and let us know if you need any additional assistance!
How to Pre-Order Your Plates by Mail:
1. Download the License Plate Form (VSA 10) here or by clicking the graphic directly below.
2. Check the application type box that corresponds to your situation. (Most cars will need 'Vehicle License Plates,' unless you need a disabled plate or are transfering a plate number/personalized message.)
3. Fill out the Applicant Information.
4. Verify your insurance coverage and add your signature and date.
5. Gather payment information - the fee is $25 annually. If paying by check, please make payable to Visit Fairfax with "License Plate" in the memo. If paying by credit card, please fill in your card information in the appropriate field on the form.
6. Mail form and payment information (card number or check) to:
3702 Pender Drive, Suite 420
Fairfax, VA 22030
Please note: These plates will not be produced until 350 pre-orders have been received. Once this number is reached, all payments and applications will be submitted to the Virginia DMV for fulfillment.
For questions, double-check our Frequently Asked Questions page. If your question is still unanswered, please call our offices during regular business hours (Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5pm) at 703-790-0643. Thank you.
Visit Fairfax is not affiliated with the DMV. For questions regarding your vehicle, title or registration, please contact the DMV directly at 804-497-7100.