We should be grateful for our military personnel and veterans every day, but this year (and every year) on Veterans Day we can help celebrate the greatness they've brought to our country through their sacrifices and commitment. If you're looking for events, memorials, commemorations, or even just a special discount for your own military family member, look no further than Fairfax County!
Special Deals (keep checking back this week for more!):
- McCormick & Schmick's, Reston & Tysons: Complimentary entree for lunch or dinner on Sunday, Nov. 5 for Veterans and Gold Star honorees (parents and spouse). More details here.
- Chipotle (various locations): Buy one, get one free available to all military personnel with valid ID or proof of service on Tuesday, Nov. 7.
- Dolce Vita Restaurant and Wine Bar, Fairfax: This Veteran-owned business will be offering Veterans 25% off their meal from Nov. 10 - 12 with valid ID.
- BJ's Brewhouse, Tysons: All Veterans and Active Duty Military enjoy a complimentary entree under $12.95 on the house on Friday, Nov. 10 and Saturday, Nov. 11.
- Mount Vernon: FREE Admission for all active duty, former, or retired military personnel on Saturday, Nov. 11 from 9am - 4pm.
- On The Border: Active and former military members can enjoy a free create-your-own combo meal with rice and beans, plus chips and salsa on Saturday, Nov. 11. Choose two or three of your favorites, on the house! Proof of military ID or service required.
- Chima Steakhouse, Tysons: Complimentary rodizio for Veterans (with purchase of one full rodizio dinner) on Saturday, Nov. 11. (Must call and mention Veteran's special to receive offer and present military ID or discharge letter).
- Paladar Latin Kitchen + Rum Bar, Tysons: Choose from five complimentary entrees all day on Sunday, Nov. 12 (dine-in only) for all military service members, with valid ID or proof of military service. Choose between blackened fish tacos, cuban sandwich, feijoda stew, slow-smoked chicken, or sweet potato tacos. Can't make it that day? Visit anytime for 15% discount to all military members, as well as police officers and firefighters (with valid ID).
- Fair Winds Brewing Company: Buy a Vet a Beer! Head into tasting room between now and Nov. 11 to add a beer to your tab and leave a note for a veteran. On Veterans Day weekend (Nov. 10 - 12), any active duty or veteran can visit the brewery and their first beer is on you!
- Mustang Sally Brewing Company: Buy a Vet a Beer! Head into tasting room between now and Nov. 11 to add a beer to your tab and leave a note for a veteran. On Veterans Day, any active duty or veteran can visit the brewery and their first beer is on you!
- Fairfax County RECenters: Veterans and active duty military personnel and their families are invited to use the county’s RECenters at no cost on Veterans Day (Nov. 11). That includes admission to pools and spas, fitness rooms, drop-in fitness classes, gyms and racquetball courts at the county’s nine recreational facilities. Learn more.
- Great Falls National Park: All visitors can enjoy free park admission on Nov. 11, as part of the National Park Service's fee-free days.
- Workhouse Arts Center: Veterans and active duty service members can receive 20% off art sales on Nov. 11.
- Children's Science Center: Active or retired military and their families will receive free admission by showing their military ID on Saturday, Nov. 11.