We should be grateful for our military personnel and veterans every day, but this year (and every year) on Veterans Day we can help celebrate the greatness they've brought to our country through their sacrifices and commitment. If you're looking for events, memorials, commemorations, or even just a special discount for your own military family member, look no further than Fairfax County!
- All Fairfax County RECenters are offering complimentary admission to Veterans and their families on Wednesday, November 11. Admission includes the use of pools and spas, fitness rooms, drop-in fitness classes, gyms, racquetball courts. Amenities vary by location. Click here to find the closest RECenter to you.
- All active duty and veteran military personnel get special pricing privileges for golf at the following Fairfax County Park Authority Golf Courses on Mondays through December 31, 2015: Laurel Hill Golf Club (Lorton), Greendale Golf Course (Alexandria), Oak Marr Golf Course (Oakton) and Pinecrest Golf Course (Alexandria). Proof of service required. Mondays only. Details here.
- Lobster Maine-ia, Chantilly: In honor of Veterans Day, take advantage of these great specials on Wednesday the 11th only. A portion of all sales will go to the Wounded Warrior Project. Specials on lobsters, lobster rolls, tuna, salmon, swordfish, and scallops.
- Outback Steakhouses: Free Bloomin' Onion and Beverage on November 11 (with show of valid military ID). Also, enjoy 15% off your entire check from November 12 through December 31.
- Forge Brew Works: 10% discount for military and First Responders on November 11.
- American Tap Room: This Wednesday November 11th, any active or retired military will receive 20% off their bill.
- Chima Steakhouse: Complimentary rodizio for the Veteran with the purchase of one full dinner rodizio on Tuesday November 10 and Wednesday November 11. (must present ID or discharge letter)