Northern Virginia is now in Phase 3 of reopening! Visit our Forward Virginia page for more information about what this means for Fairfax County businesses. Please check individual websites and social feeds for up to date information on their operating status and safety protocols. See Guidelines

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some are essential to make our site work; others help us improve the user experience. By using the site, you consent to the placement of these cookies.  Read our Privacy Policy to learn more.

Agree & Dismiss
Browse Fairfax County's many outdoor activities, from hiking and biking trails to zip lining and quiet park areas. Plus, camping, boating, fishing and more!
Let us help entertain your kids
Take a virtual tour of Fairfax County's most visited sites!
Farmers Markets are open for the season! Browse the many #FXVA locations to find one close to you.
Entertain your family with live streaming concerts, lectures, and kids activities.
Fun activities to keep you busy
Browse special room rates for this August's March on Washington
Find hotels close to a Metro station.
Looking for a hotel in a specific area? Use our handy hotel map!
Get easy access to the current information on closures/delivery and coupons by signing up for FREE now.
Try your hand at one of our local chef’s recipes.
Fly to Fairfax County!
From metro stations to hotels to attractions, find the map you need most.
Carry all there is to see and do right in the palm of your hand.
Explore some of the many sites and attractions in the Washington, DC region virtually to help you plan your trip.
From Civil War battlefields to DC monuments, here's your guide to the area.
The urban center of Fairfax County, Tysons is a destination of its own.
Visitor Center Brochures and Information

Educational Materials

We've assembled a collection of materials and resources for you to use to gain a better understanding of the county's history and how you can apply it to your educational efforts.

fairfax 275 braddocks true gold

Look Back: Fairfax History Lesson Plans and Activities

Lesson plans that encourage students to explore the past of their own backyards. More
Government Center Fairfax

Fairfax County Government Lessons - High School

Worksheets, lesson plans, and educational tools all designed for high school students. More
Gunston Hall

Gunston Hall - Educator Resources

Examine George Mason and his political contributions to Virginia and the nation by studying the lessons found on the Gunston Hall website. More
Sully Historic Site

Sully Historic Site - Educator Resources

Tours and activities focus on the food, clothing, slave life, and schooling of Sully's past residents. More
Civil War brochure

Fairfax County Civil War Brochure

Downloadable Civil War informational brochure created for the 150th Anniversary of the Civil War in Virginia. More
Virginia State Capitol Building

State and Local Government Lesson Ideas

Lessons about what our local and state governments do and how it affects your everyday life. More
Government Center Fairfax

Fairfax County Government Lessons - Middle School

Worksheets, lesson plans, and educational tools all designed for middle school students. More
Dogs at Mount Vernon

Mount Vernon - Educator Resources

Utilize these resources that are designed to support further exploration into George Washington’s world. More
C & O Canal

Washington Aqueduct/C&O Canal - Educator Resources

A classroom without walls for PreK-12 students to study a variety of subjects. More
Sully Historic Site Civil War

Civil War Children's Literature List

This comprehensive children's reading list is compiled of books available at Fairfax County Public Libraries for you to check out. More
george mason statue george mason university

Bill of Rights Institute - George Mason Lesson Plan

Learn more about George Mason’s ideas that helped shape the country in this downloadable lesson plan. More
claude moore colonial farm

18th Century Craft Activity Ideas

Here you'll find a curated list of craft ideas and various projects for students to illustrate life in the early American colonies! More
George Washington

Create Your Own Wig Craft Activity

A great children's activity where you make a replica of George Washington’s wig to celebrate this founding father and resident of Fairfax County. More
Civil War Era Buildings in Fairfax County

Civil War Education Kit

Explore educational resources developed by the Fairfax County History Commission to explore Fairfax County's amazing Civil War history. More
American History Film Project Logo

American History Film Project

This project based learning challenge is aimed at creating short videos telling the story or history of local people or events. More
Find Us On Facebook

Fairfax 275 Facebook Page

Follow the official Fairfax 275 Facebook page to see amazing historical images of the county and to get more information on the commemorations taking place throughout 2017! More
youtube logo

Visit our 275th Anniversary YouTube Channel

Enjoy a series of commemorative short videos produced by Fairfax County's own Channel 16 which highlight some of Fairfax County's significant historical moments. More
Fairfax County 275th Anniversary Logo

Request Use of Logo

Download an application to request use of the official logo of Fairfax County's 275th Anniversary celebration for your own website, collateral, or special project. More