October 23, 2019
Town of Vienna
Maple Avenue, Vienna, VA 22180
Annual Vienna Halloween Parade
Wednesday, October 23, 2019
2019 Parade Application Packet
Road Closures and Detours
Registration for the 73nd Annual Halloween Parade opens July 1, 2019. The deadline to submit applications is September 20, 2019. Click here for the 2019 Parade Application Packet.
Halloween Parade Awards Ceremony
Each year, the Town recognizes parade winners at a Town Council meeting in November. Judged categories include youth band, float with music, youth performer, antique/classic vehicle, adult band, float without music, and adult performer. The public is invited to attend the meeting to find out who won in each category!
Click here to see the award winners from the 2018 Vienna Halloween Parade.
Kids are invited to walk in the parade in their Halloween costumes. No registration is required; meet at 6:30 p.m. in the parking lot at United Bank, 374 Maple Avenue E. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please keep off the street and monitor childrens whereabouts during the parade.
- To keep our parade safe and entertaining for all please do not physically engage with parade participants (this included high fives, shaking hands, etc.)
- Do not place any items on Maple Avenue prior to noon the day of the parade.
- When placing items, do not put them in bus shelters as they need to be clear for bus users during the day. Items placed in bus shelters prior to 5 p.m. may be moved for the safety of bus users.
- Keep items off sidewalks and benches so that pedestrians can walk and use the benches without having to move or walk over items.
- Secure all items to ensure that weather conditions do not cause them to blow into the roadway or sidewalks.