September 19, 2020 - September 20, 2020
9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Included with general admision
3200 Mount Vernon Memorial Highway, Mount Vernon, VA 22121
Mount Vernon Colonial Market & Fair
Take in the sights and sounds of the marketplace on Mount Vernon's 12-acre field. Chat with colonial artisans selling traditional handcrafted food and wares. Hear live music from the colonial era. Watch as expert artisans demonstrate period crafting techniques. See General Washington in the General’s Tent at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. Colonial Market & Fair is included with general admission. Admission is free for Mount Vernon members.
Handcrafted goods created by more than 30 colonial artisans will be offered for sale. These include:
- Leather Goods
- Silhouette Portraits
Military Demonstrations on the 12-Acre Field
10:00 a.m., 1:30 p.m., 3:30 p.m.
The Continental Line & The British Brigade
- The Air Balloon (schedule varies)
- 18th-Century Cricket (schedule varies)
Music at the Crossroads
- 9:00 a.m. - Donna Nomick, Hammered Dulcimer
- 10:00 a.m. - Ship’s Company Chanteymen
- 11:00 a.m. - Donna Nomick, Hammered Dulcimer
- 12:00 p.m. - Ship’s Company Chanteymen
- 1:00 p.m. - Donna Nomick, Hammered Dulcimer
- 2:00 p.m. - Ship’s Company Chanteymen
- 3:00 p.m. - Donna Nomick, Hammered Dulcimer
- 4:00 p.m. - Ship’s Company Chanteymen
At the General's Tent
- All Day - The Sons of Liberty, Musicians
- 11:00 a.m. - Meet "General Washington"
- 1:00 p.m. - Meet "General Washington"
- 3:00 p.m. - Meet "General Washington"
- All Day - Robert Mouland, Musician
- On the Market Square Stage
- 10:00 a.m. - Punch & Judy
- 10:30 a.m. - Mr. Peter Gardiner, 18th Century Conjuror
- 11:00 a.m. - Professor Thompson S. Gunn & His Mystic Arts of Asia
- 11:30 a.m. - Dr. Balthasar, Miracle Medicine for Man & Beast
- 12:00 p.m. - Punch & Judy
- 12:30 p.m. - Mr. Peter Gardiner, 18th Century Conjuror
- 1:00 p.m. - Professor Thompson S. Gunn & His Mystic Arts of Asia
- 1:30 p.m. - Dr. Balthasar, Miracle Medicine for Man & Beast
- 2:00 p.m. - Punch & Judy
- 2:30 p.m. - Mr. Peter Gardiner, 18th Century Conjuror
- 3:00 p.m. - Professor Thompson S. Gunn & His Mystic Arts of Asia
- 3:30 p.m. - Dr. Balthasar, Miracle Medicine for Man & Beast
- Social Distancing: We ask guests to maintain 6-feet of social distancing. Artisan tents will be spread out, and we are encouraging one-way traffic through each tent. In performance spaces, social distancing marks will be laid out to allow guests and performers to socially distance.
- Facial Coverings: All guests, artisans, performers and staff will be required to wear facial coverings both indoors and outdoors when social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Hand Sanitizer: Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the estate.
- Enhanced Cleaning: Mount Vernon's staff will provide regular enhanced cleaning in high touch areas throughout the day.
- Online Sales: Products will be available for purchase through the artisans' websites from September 1 through September 20.