1 cup butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
¼ cup confectioner’s sugar and more for coating later
1 tablespoon water
2 cups flour
1 cup chopped slivered almonds
- Cream butter, vanilla and sugar.
- Add water and mix.
- Add flour and mix. (Dough will be stiff).
- Stir in almonds.
- Form into crescent shapes and bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 300 degrees for 20 minutes until very lightly browned.
- While hot, roll in confectioner’s sugar until coated and place on rack to cool slightly.
- In about 10 minutes, roll again.
Makes 2 dozen