Roasted Corn Soup
Seasons 52 is a celebration of what's good now. Seasonally inspired ingredients at their peak of freshness. Rustic cooking techniques that bring out natural flavors and are inherently lighter-with nothing on the menu more than 475 calories.
- 1 pound Idaho potatoes, peeled and diced 1/2"
- 2 cups yellow onion, diced 1/2"
- 1 cup celery, diced 1/2"
- 1 jalapeno pepper, no seeds, diced 1/2"
- 1/2 pound butter (or 1 stick)
- 3 pounds roasted fresh corn off the cob
- 1 gallon corn stock
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon chipotle Tabasco sauce
- Chives and bacon bits to garnish
Have corn stock ready prior to starting recipe
Melt butter in large sauce pot. Add potatoes, onions, and celery and saute lightly for about 15 minutes until vegetables are tender. Add remaining ingredients and cook an additional 15 minutes.
Puree the soup in batches using a blender on high speed for 30 seconds. Open vent or blender to allow steam to escape and place a clean towel over opening when operating.
Mix thoroughly and serve soup with garnish or chives and crispy bacon bits.
NOTE: Soup also makes a good sauce for fish, such as grilled salmon.