From Executive Chef Will Artley
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 pint whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 ounces Bullet rye
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 3oz rum
- 3 oz whiskey
- 2cup of ice
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1tsp cinnamon
- Whip the egg yolks and sugar together in a medium sized bowl using a whisk. When they become a pale yellow, set aside.
- Combine the milk, cream, and 1 tablespoon of sugar in a small pot and begin to heat at medium heat. When the mixture has reached 160 degrees, remove it from the stove.
- Take the hot mixture and slowly whisk it into the egg mixture. After it is completely combined, place the combined mixture back into a pot.
- On low heat begin to stir the mixture (a spatula is needed). When the mixture has become thick enough (using the back of the spoon you should be able to leave a streak without it running) - place it in the refrigerator to chill it.
- Once the mixture has been completely chilled, combine it with all the alcohol and spices to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy!
- Serve in your favorite glass and garnish with a sprinkle of fresh grated nutmeg.