- 1 and 3/4 cup Nabisco graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, soft (can substitute margarine, if desired)
- 1 and 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 packages (8oz) of cream cheese, soft
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (21 ounce) of cherry pie filling
- Thoroughly blend the graham cracker crumbs and the butter, along with ¼ cup of granulated sugar.
- Press firmly against the bottom, and up 2 ½ inches on the sides of an 8 inch springform pan.
- Beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually add the remaining 1 cup of granulated sugar and the vanilla extract.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Blend in the sour cream.
- Spread the mixture in the prepared pan. Bake in a pre-heated oven (350 degrees) for 60 to 70 minutes, or until firm.
- Turn off oven. Leaving the oven door slightly ajar, allow cake to remain in oven for one hour. Cool in pan, then chill for four hours or overnight. Top with cherry pie filling.