Sausage and Sage Stuffing
By Patrick Bazin, Owner, Bazins on Church
- 1 ½ Loaves of Farmhouse Bread (crusts removed, cut in 1/2 in cubes)
- 1 ½ lbs Bulk Italian Sausage
- 4 Cups Chopped Onions
- 1 ½ Cups Chopped Celery
- 2 Cups Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 ½ Sticks of Butter
- 1 T Fresh Sage
- 1 T Rosemary
- 3 cups Chicken Stock
- 4 Eggs
- Baked cubed bread for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Saute sausage breaking up into small pieces for 8-10 minutes.
- Pour sausage over bread cubes.
- Melt butter in pan. Add onion, celery, mushroom & herbs and cook for ten minutes without burning. Pour over sausage/bread .
- Heat chicken broth and pour over above mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Beat eggs and mix in.
- Butter 15x10 baking dish and add stuffing mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes until golden brown.