THINGS TO DO IN FAIRFAX COUNTY, VA
Experience the best of Northern Virginia by visiting Fairfax County, VA! Fairfax is an ideal getaway spot in Northern Virginia because of all the great activities to choose from, such as a family-friendly day with the kids filled with history and wonder, night on the town with friends at trendy pubs or exquisite wineries, or a whole-family getaway for an upcoming holiday vacation.
Not only are there fun things to do in Fairfax but we are also a short drive to Washington D.C. We invite you to check out our list below to help you plan your perfect Northern Virginia vacation. If you're looking for things to do this weekend, make sure to visit our Fairfax events page.
Check out these quick suggestions of things to do in Northern Virginia, otherwise, explore the categories below to find just what you are looking for.
What are the best attractions in Northern Virginia?
- George Washington's Mount Vernon
- The National Air and Space Museum Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center
- The National Museum of the United States Army
- Wolf Trap
- Great Falls Park
- Tysons Corner Shopping
- The Workhouse Arts Center
What are the most unique things to do in Northern Virginia?
- Visit one of the premier Civil War graffiti sites in the nation at the Civil War Interpretive Center at Historic Blenheim.
- Experience a living-history farm at Frying Pan Farm Park.
- Throw an axe at Bad Axe Throwing in the Mosaic District or destroy stuff with sledgehammers at Smash Pit in Springfield.