Fairfax County's 275th Anniversary Celebration
During the calendar year of 2017 Fairfax County will mark its 275th anniversary with events celebrating our history. The signature celebration of the anniversary will take place on June 17, 2017 from 10am-4pm in the area surrounding the Historic Fairfax Courthouse located in central Fairfax. And for this special day, Nicholas Fairfax (14th Lord Fairfax of Cameron), and his wife Annabel will be attending the celebration as our honored guests all the way from England. See a short bio of Lord Fairfax.
When: June 17th from 10am - 4pm
Where: The area surrounding the Historic Fairfax Courthouse (4000 Chain Bridge Rd, Fairfax, VA 22030)
Participants: Over 80 historical organizations, attractions, and reenactment units showcasing our neighborhoods, sites, and history. Download the Participant List
Activities: Historically themed family-friendly activities, live musical performances, antique vehicles from the Police and Fire Departments, re-enactors and living history demonstrations, the annual Lord and Lady Fairfax Awards Program, talks on a variety of topics in the Historic Fairfax Courthouse, Virginia's WWI/WWII Anniversary Mobile, Historic Courthouse Tours, Revolutionary War memorial plaque dedication ceremony, Petting Zoo, and much more! Download Entertainment Area Schedules
Parking Information: Parking is available for the History Fair on the Safety Complex; Parking Garage B: 10550 Page Ave, Fairfax, VA 22030
Street Closures/Parking Access: Courthouse complex entrances via West Street and from Chain Bridge Road (Route 123) WILL BE CLOSED to the general public on Saturday, June 17th starting at 4am. To access Fair Parking at Parking Garage B please use Judicial Drive.
Food and Water: Food Trucks will provide food for sale and Fairfax Water will be donating water.
Download Food Truck List
Restrooms: The restroom facilities will be adjacent to Parking Garage B
Weather Contingency: We do not have a rain date
Share #Fairfax275 on Social
What If I Can't Make It To The Festival?
You can still take part in the commemoration by exploring the following:
- Reserve a spot to attend our signature lecture series at the Historic Fairfax Courthouse from March through November highlighting a variety of topics on County history. The lectures are free, but registration is required. You can reserve your space here.
- Book your free spot to attend a visit and talk by special guest Nicholas Fairfax, 14th Lord Fairfax of Cameron on June 15, 2017 at the Sherwood Community Center. Nicholas is the direct descendant of Thomas Fairfax, 6th Lord Fairfax of Cameron - from whom the county gets it's name. NOTE: THIS EVENT HAS REACHED MAXIMUM CAPACITY AND IS SOLD OUT
- Attend the theatrical event "The Complete History of Fairfax (The Musical)" - this 275th Anniversary themed musical debuts at the James Lee Community Center from July 6 - July 8 and at the Workhouse Arts Center from July 13 - July 15.
- Participate in the Fairfax County Neighborhood History Project
- Explore the county's history by attending one of these historically themed events.
- Watch our weekly produced videos on YouTube showcasing fascinating stories from Fairfax County's history.