Capital Region USA has released its 2016 findings by Travel Market Insights, detailing the economic impact of international tourism on the capital region. Read below for an overview of the report, which also highlights the top five markets for visitation.
Produced for Capital Region USA by Travel Market Insights, the 2016 Overseas Visitor Report includes details on the economic impact of international tourism, an overview of international visitation to the US in 2016, and details of overseas visitation to the Capital Region.
Top five markets for visitation:
- China: 349,000 visitors
- UK: 266,000 visitors
- Germany: 184,000 visitors
- India: 133,000 visitors
- France: 124,000 visitors
- 2.49 million total overseas visitors traveled to the Capital Region (down 5% from 2015)
- Nearly $5.4 billion in direct spending (down from $5.6 billion in 2015)
- Stayed an average of 9.7 nights in the region (a record high)
- Stayed average 6.5 nights in a hotel (also a record high)
- Market share held steady - 6.6% of all overseas visitors to the USA visited the Capital Region