The sales team at Visit Fairfax is hard at work promoting and selling Fairfax County as a prime meeting destination. From virtual tradeshows and virtual FAM tours to in-person conferences, events, and meetings, our sales managers are planning many exciting strategies to represent the great assets and businesses of Fairfax County.
Here is a snapshot of some upcoming events, activities, and appointments our sales team is working on. The team is always happy to share updates and notes from these events, so feel free to reach out at any time.
On the Meetings Side:
Dean Miller, our National Sales Manager in the Associations/Reunions markets, has been back out at tradeshows and seeking new leads for Fairfax County. Here are some recent updates:
- National Sales Managers Dean Miller and Eric Kulczycky wrapped up 2021 in December by attending the Connect DC trade show, held at the Grand Hyatt Washington in Washington, DC. Over the course of three days, Dean and Eric met with over 50 association, corporate, and government meeting planners, highlighting Fairfax County’s newest enhancements: the National Museum of the United States Army, Capital One Hall, the Metrorail Silver Line extension to Dulles Airport, and our newest hotels.
- The January 2022 issue of ConventionSouth featured The Winery at Bull Run on the cover of the magazine. The issue’s feature article, entitled “Hit the Road” included a conversation with National Sales Manager Dean Miller and a photo of Barrel & Bushel at the Hyatt Regency Tysons Corner Center.
- In February, Visit Fairfax will travel to New York City, where we’ll participate in the Connect NYC trade show, meeting one-on-one with more than 25 corporate and association planners over three days.
- In place of the annual Family Reunion Workshop, Visit Fairfax be the exclusive sponsor of a virtual family reunion planning event, hosted by the National Family Reunion Institute. The virtual event will take place on Saturday, April 30, and will allow us to showcase Fairfax County as a family reunion destination to a nationwide audience of family planners.
- In May, we’ll attend the Virginia Society of Association Executives (VSAE) Annual Conference in Leesburg, VA, meeting with association planners and executives from around Virginia.
- May will also see us in Branson, MO for the Rendezvous South trade show, meeting with 30 association planners.
- In June, we’ll be in New Orleans, LA for The Military Reunion Network’s annual Educational Seminar, where we’ll meet with 45 planners for military reunion groups.
On the Tour & Travel Side:
Linda Horowitz, our National Sales Manager for International and Domestic Group Tour, has just welcomed a new baby boy! Visit Fairfax is so excited for her and are sending huge congratulations to the Horowitz family! In the meantime, Visit Fairfax is continuing efforts in the tour & travel market:
Visit Fairfax attended American Bus Association's (ABA) Annual Marketplace from January 8-11, 2022 in Grapevine, TX. The marketplace is the premier conference for motorcoach group travel and tourism in the US and Canada. For the first time, Visit Fairfax —in conjunction with Northern Virginia Tourism Partnership— had a booth on the showroom floor for increased exposure and networking with buyers. In addition to pre-scheduled appointments with new companies as well as current clients, the show also offered educational workshops over three days.
Visit Fairfax will participate in the Capital Region USA Sales Mission to France to further promote the destination to one of its target European markets.
Visit Fairfax is participating in a Northern Virginia familiarization tour on February 10. This pre-event FAM will take place prior to Southeast Tourism Society’s Domestic Showcase, an annual regional marketplace that will be held in Virginia Beach from February 13-15, 2022. Two partners will be highlighted during the FAM; The National Museum of the United States Army, and the Workhouse Arts Center where FAM participants will enjoy a murder mystery dinner.
On the Sports Side:
Eric Kulczycky, our National Sales Manager in charge of the sports market, has been working hard on furthering Visit Fairfax's foray into sports event tourism:
- 2021 EsportsTravel Summit (Pittsburgh, PA). Attended the world’s largest gathering of esports tournament and video-game event organizers and the only event-focused on the travel side of the esports industry.