The St. James, the upcoming sports, wellness, and entertainment center in Springfield, broke ground recently on its 450,000-sq.-ft. flagship complex with appearances by Washington Capitals’ captain Alex Ovechkin and Fairfax County Board of Supervisors Chairman Sharon Bulova. Keep reading for the full release.
THE ST. JAMES ANNOUNCES SEPTEMBER 2018 OPENING OF UNPRECEDENTED NEW SPORTS, WELLNESS AND
ACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT EXPERIENCE
The Greater Washington region’s new epicenter of sports training and competition is also the ultimate destination for active fun
FAIRFAX, VA (September 7, 2017) – The St. James, the most exciting new brand in sports, wellness and active entertainment, announced today that it will open the doors of its 450,000-square foot flagship complex on a 20-acre campus at the intersection of I-395 and I-495 in Northern Virginia in September 2018. The St. James will offer the most comprehensive combination of sports and wellness venues and programming, lifestyle amenities and family-centered active entertainment experiences in the Greater Washington region.
The St. James was founded by native Washingtonians Kendrick Ashton and Craig Dixon in partnership with Cain International, a global private equity firm specializing in real estate, retail, media and entertainment investments whose board includes Todd Boehly, an owner of the Los Angeles Dodgers, and Jonathan Goldstein, its CEO. The St. James will provide a one-of-a-kind opportunity for everyone -- from toddlers to boomers, with friends or family -- to pursue their passion for sports, wellness, and active fun all under one roof.
With a mission to maximize human potential through the power of sports and wellness, The St. James will provide a diverse and extensive combination of sports competition and training venues, transformative developmental programs and best-in-class coaching. Athletes and enthusiasts of all ages and skill levels can immerse themselves in an unprecedented variety of sports -- from ice hockey, soccer, lacrosse, and baseball to squash, golf, basketball, volleyball, swimming and more. Sports competition and training venues include:
- Field House with a FIFA regulation-sized turf field -- the only such field in the region -- and 65-foot roof clearances for all turf sports
- Ice House with two NHL regulation-sized ice rinks for all ice sports and a hockey skills training center that includes both rapid shot and rapid hands skills training systems and a skating treadmill
- Court House with four full-length regulation basketball courts that convert into nine volleyball courts
- Pool House with a 50-meter Olympic regulation-sized competition pool for all water sports
- Hitting House with six batting cages and pitching machines for baseball and softball that converts into a multipurpose training venue
- Squash and Golf Center with eight international regulation-sized squash singles courts and seven golf simulators
- High-Performance Center with 10,000 square feet of elite strength, explosiveness and agility conditioning and training equipment housed within the 50,000-square foot premium health club
- Gymnastics Training Center with a competition spring floor, deep foam training pits, Tumbl Trak, rod floors and in-ground trampolines
- Climbing and Bouldering with three stories and 3,000 square feet of climbing experiences
“Our aim is to be the center of the universe for active people and sports and wellness enthusiasts of all ages,” said co-founder Kendrick Ashton. “Whether it’s a 5-year old being introduced to the joys of sports, a 15-year old pushing to make varsity or a 45-year old striving to improve her performance in each stage of a triathlon, we want to provide every tool necessary for everyone to go as far as their talents and desires will take them, and enjoy themselves while doing it.”
The St. James is more than just sports development, training and competition, it also offers an exceptional health and wellness experience, which includes:
- Premium Health Club with 50,000 square feet of state-of-the-art cardio and strength training equipment, spinning, group fitness and yoga rooms, a 10,000-square foot high-performance training center, premium locker rooms and childcare for member families
- Premium Spa and Rejuvenation Center with nine well-appointed treatment rooms for massage, facial and other skin treatments, a cryotherapy chamber, a manicure and pedicure studio and a rejuvenation lounge
- Health and Sports Medicine Center featuring a best-in-class healthcare partner providing general non-emergent health care services, sports medicine, sports performance and rehabilitation
The St. James provides numerous experiences off the field, court, and ice, with a multitude of opportunities for active fun and entertainment, as well as exceptional food and retail experiences, including:
- Active Entertainment Center with 20,000 square feet of dynamic obstacle courses, zip lines, climbing structures and climbing walls, trampoline zones, virtual reality, a gaming theatre and party rooms
- Indoor Water Park with 6,000 square feet of exciting slides, massive water dumping buckets, long distance sprayers and other water-based play features
- Restaurant and Market Café conceived in collaboration with a celebrity chef and delivering healthy and delicious cuisine
- Performance Boutique featuring a sneaker boutique, performance-oriented apparel, technology, equipment and The St. James branded apparel
“The St. James will provide a totally new active lifestyle experience,” said co-founder Craig Dixon. “From the premium health and wellness offerings found in our health club and spa, to the fun and engaging experiences shared with family and friends at our restaurant or active entertainment center, The St. James will set a new standard in the region for sports, wellness and active fun.”
The St. James will offer complex-wide memberships, youth and adult sports developmental and training programs, individual instruction, personal training, camps, clinics, leagues, tournaments, showcases, birthday parties and more. The complex will be open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Pre-opening sales begin September 7, 2017 with special offers for early adopters.
To learn more about The St. James, visit their website at: https://www.thestjames.co/.