The Visit Fairfax team has been hard at work selling and promoting Fairfax County to potential clients, groups, and media. The team is always happy to share updates from tradeshows, appointments, and events. Read on for an updated list of recent activities and what will be happening over the next few months. You may find that this information can benefit your business.
Associations & Reunions:
Tour & Travel:
Marketing & Communications:
- In May, Visit Fairfax hosted two domestic bloggers on a week-long trip through Northern Virginia highlighting the best of the region. These connections came about through Visit Fairfax's membership in the Mid-Atlantic Tourism Public Relations Alliance (MATPRA) and the trip was organized by the five localities that make up Northern Virginia. Two other similar hosted trips are on the books for this month and next month with different outlets as well.
- In mid-May, Visit Fairfax attended Simpleview's annual conference in Phoenix, AZ to learn about the latest trends and opportunities in marketing.
- In late May/early June, Visit Fairfax attended IPW in Las Vegas, NV. In addition to the sales side, handled by Linda Horowitz, Visit Fairfax also participated in the Media Marketplace. Marketing Manager Ali Morris met with 20+ journalists, editors, and influencers to share upcoming story ideas, news, and introduce Fairfax County to the international attendees.
- This month, Visit Fairfax will travel to Toronto, ON in Canada to meet with more journalists and editors as Canadian visitors are the number one inbound international traveler to the region.
- Don't forget to upload your photos to Visit Fairfax's new image portal so that we can use them to help promote your venue. Add photo or video assets throughout the year at this link: https://upload.crowdriff.com/visit-fairfax-0047170f.
- Visit Fairfax has a brand new blog! If you are interested in writing guest blog content or using some of this content on your own website, please contact Ali Morris (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Visit Fairfax is pleased to share some new clips that have recently been published as a result of previous familiarization tours of the county or direct efforts of our team. Please contact Ali Morris for more details at email@example.com.
- Visit Fairfax continues to see incredible growth on our social media accounts. Please help us continue to grow by tagging us (@VisitFairfax) on your own accounts and by using our hashtag, #FXVA.