River Farm is the headquarters of the American Horticultural Society. Situated on 25 landscaped acres overlooking the Potomac River, it is an idyllic escape within the Washington, D.C. area. Once part of George Washington's original properties, River Farm is acclaimed for its spell-binding vistas, as well as its creative children’s garden, beautiful four-acre meadow, and colorful flower displays. It is a favorite site for weddings and other special events, corporate meetings and retreats, family picnics, bird-watchers, and painters. The Estate House was remodeled in the early 20th century and large porches offer panoramic views of the Potomac River.
Indoor and outdoor spaces accommodate 50-160 seated guests and up to 200 for standing events. Our Ballroom and Parlor are ideal for indoor events, and also work well in conjunction with our Tented Patio in warm weather.
River Farm is open to the public from 10am-4pm, Monday-Friday. Please note that masks are required for entry into the Manor house. If you prefer to have an appointment to visit the Manor House or to arrange for a rentals tour, please call 703-768- 5700, ext. 114.
- Admission Fee: Free, though donations are appreciated to help support the stewardship of River Farm.
- Discounts Available: Member
- Operating Hours: Monday-Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Gift Shop/Shopping On Site:
- Restrooms Onsite:
- Outside Food/Drink Allowed:
- Picnic tables:
Group & Private Events
- Private Event Space:
- Will Rent Out Entire Venue:
- Number of Event Rooms: 3
- Largest Room Capacity: 160
- Motorcoach / Bus Parking:
- Market / Gift Shop:
- Pet Restrictions: Leashed pets are welcome in the gardens at River Farm. Service dogs welcome in the Estate House as well.
- Distance to Nearest Metro Station (mileage): 5
- Nearest Metro Station: King Street
- Metro Line(s): Yellow
American Horticultural Society’s River Farm Meeting Facility
- Number of Rooms: 6
- Theatre Capacity: 80
- Banquet Capacity: 50
- Reception Capacity: 200
- Description: Indoors: Our Ballroom holds 50 for a banquet dinner, and 80 for a theater style meeting or a reception. Our Parlor with a picture window onto the Potomac is often used for indoor ceremonies of up to 25. Outdoors: In addition to covered porches with river views we have a flagstone patio with a white tent that holds 160 seated at tables, or 200 standing. Garden seating with chairs on the lawn is available for outdoor ceremonies.
Meeting Facility Rooms
|Room Name||Theater Capacity||Banquet Capacity||Reception Capacity|