Operating Hours are 10:00 am – 5:00 pm daily.
Amenities: To plan your visit, explore the list of exhibitions and what activities are available
Food: The museum offers food service in the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center with a Shake Shack restaurant, open from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm. The restaurant will serve all the Shake Shack favorites including burgers, hot dogs, chicken sandwiches, fries, frozen custard, shakes, and coffee. That includes two Udvar-Hazy exclusives, the Constellation Crunch Concrete and Out of This World Shake. In addition, pre-packaged salads and sandwiches are available as a quick pick option.
- Parking is $15 per car; free for vehicles arriving on the grounds after 4:00 pm. Same-day re-entry is permitted for visitors who wish to leave the grounds. They will need to pay at a staffed booth - and ask for a receipt to avoid a second parking charge. The 30-minute grace period for pickups and drop-offs will continue to be honored and parking is free for buses. Credit card payment will be accepted at the exit gates, as well as at the pay stations inside the Center. Cash payments must be made at one of the two staffed exit gates (far right side). Please note that receipts are only available at the staffed exit gates.
- Download a Museum floor plan. This will help you navigate the Museum.
- Dress comfortably.
- Minimize your carry-ons. All bags will continue to be checked.
- Water is permitted in the Museum and we have water bottle filling stations located in the building. All other food and beverages must be consumed outside.
- Photos for personal use are welcome and we encourage you to share them. However, Smithsonian policy prohibits the use of tripods, monopods, and selfie sticks.
If you can't visit in person, the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum invites you to explore their Air and Space Anywhere digital portal from the comfort of your own home.
The Smithsonian's National Air and Space Museum Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center is the second location of the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum on the National Mall. Together, they hold the world’s largest aviation and space collection. The Udvar-Hazy Center is located south of the Washington Dulles International Airport's runways, and contains rare artifacts of aerospace like planes, rockets, and satellites. Some of the highlights include the Space Shuttle Discovery, an SR-71 Blackbird, and the Enola Gay. Check their calendar of events to see their virtual activities. Open every day except December 25 from 10:00 am - 5:30 pm Admission is FREE but parking costs $15 before 4:00 pm. Parking is free for vehicles arriving AFTER 4:00 pm.