What Festivals Are Happening This Weekend?
Not sure of upcoming events in Northern Virginia? Use our fairs and festivals finder below to find out about all the upcoming carnivals, festivals, and fairs in Virginia. If you are looking to participate in these events but are traveling from DC or more southern locations, check out our hotels page to make overnight arrangements. Need more to do besides just the fairs? Also, check out our things-to-do page for even more adventure ideas!
On The Blog
What to Bring to a Fair, Festival or Carnival?
When visiting Fairfax County fairs & festivals, we want to make sure you come with everything you may need to have the best experience. When you’re visiting your next festival near you, these are a few items we recommend bringing:
- Cash - This may differ from event to event, but not every event takes every type of payments. Coming with cash will insure that you will have the ability to purchase whatever you and your family needs.
- Hand Sanitizer - Keep everyone safe at local fairs, festivals & carnivals with a portable thing of hand sanitizer
- Comfortable Clothing - Most outdoor events like these can be a long day. Make sure you wear comfortable, weather-appropriate clothing. This includes comfortable walking shoes as you may be on your feet for a majority of the time
- Strollers - Your child may want to walk, but this stroller comes in handy when the little one’s battery dies and you don’t have to carry them the rest of the day. They also provide more storage for other needed items.
- Hydration - These events will always provide food and beverages, but it is always a good idea to bring extra bottles of water just in case. Some events have different rules about outside food & beverages, but usually, unopened liquids are permitted within the events.
Which Carnivals are Open Near Me?
This festival & fair finder helps provide you with all of the current local events for fun family things to do. These pages also provide you with all the current information available for those events. Discover how these events are keeping everyone safe by visiting their respective websites or calling for more information about their COVID related mitigation strategies.
How Are Northern Virginia Festivals Handling Safety?
Each of the current fairs & festivals has its own security measures to make sure to keep all of its attendees safe. Specific safety measures are found on the event's webpage and can help you understand what to expect when you arrive.