Learn about the process used to make George Washington's famous whiskey at the Distillery, or experience the colonial flour making process at the Gristmill. Seasonal hours of operation are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. from April 1 through November 1. Admission to the distillery and gristmill are included with general admission to George Washington's Mount Vernon. Shuttles are also available to the Distillery & Gristmill from the Estate grounds.
Did you know...you can get your hands on George Washington's whiskey to take home with you? One of the most coveted bottles of whiskey on earth, our former president's signature rye whiskey - which, as of 2017, is now the Official State Spirit of the Commonwealth of Virginia - is still being churned out at his Distillery and Gristmill. 375ml bottles of a variety of distilled spirits are available for purchase at the Shops at Mount Vernon (and at the seasonal gift shop at the Distillery and Gristmill). Each of these bottles are produced at George Washington's reconstructed Distillery using 18th-century distilling methods and techniques. Quantities are limited, check the Mount Vernon website for availability or call the Shops at Mount Vernon directly at 703-799-6301.
- Open For Business:
- Limited Services:
- Photo IDs/Pictures Worn by Staff in Masks:
- Admission Fee: Included with general admission to George Washington's Mount Vernon & also available on-site.
- Discounts Available: Military, Senior, Member, Children, Groups
- Operating Hours: Saturday and Sunday - 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. - April 1 through October 31
- Gift Shop/Shopping On Site:
- Restrooms Onsite: