Hours: Civil War Interpretive Center Tues-Sat 11am-3pm (closed some holidays.) FREE admission. COVID safety measures in place. Historic Blenheim House currently closed.
Historic Blenheim is famous for its graffiti! Blenheim is an attractive c.1859 brick farmhouse perched atop a grassy hill. Blenheim is nationally significant for the more than 120 Union solder signatures, drawings, and poetry inscribed on the interior walls. The “diary on the walls” provides insight into typical soldier life during the Civil War. Check out the 360-tour on this page to see one of our attic rooms covered in graffiti!
The Civil War Interpretive Center is located in a separate building and features a full-sized replica of the house attic, which is closed to the public. Examine the graffiti up-close and be thrust back in time with soldiers who wanted to be remembered.
Exhibits focus on the impact of war in the area, the family and enslaved residents of Blenheim, and the Union soldiers that left their mark as they traveled through Fairfax Courthouse. Multimedia in our large viewing room shows specific features of the house’s walls.
Walk the 12-acre grounds and view interpretive signage along groomed pathways. No visit is complete without a stop at the fascinating Willcoxon family cemetery! The house and surrounding 12 acres of former farmland offer an attractive backdrop for your vacation photos.
Historic Blenheim, a Civil War Trails and Northern Virginia Graffiti Trail site, received a federal grant to apply cutting-edge multispectral technology to further analyze the writings on the wall. How many more soldiers’ stories will be revealed?
- Open For Business:
- Limited Services:
- CDC Recommended Cleaning Procedures:
- Reduced Occupancy/Occupancy Limits:
- Social Distancing Guidelines Enforced:
- Social Distance Markings/Signage:
- Mobile Payments Accepted:
- Single Point Entry:
- Sneeze Guards/Contact Barriers:
- Hand Wash/Sanitizer Stations:
- Virtual Events:
- Masks Required-Staff:
- Masks Required-Guest:
- Health Screening Required-Staff:
- Health Screening Required-Guest:
- Health Related Staff Training:
- Admission Fee: FREE
- Gift Shop/Shopping On Site:
- Restrooms Onsite:
- Motorcoach/Bus Parking:
- Handicap accessible:
- Distance to Nearest Metro Station (mileage): 3
- Additional Metro Info: Fairfax CUE Gold line from Metro