The National Air and Space Museum on the National Mall in Washington, D.C. has hundreds of original, historic artifacts on display, including the Wright 1903 Flyer and the Spirit of St. Louis.
The Museum is open Thursday - Monday, from 10:00 am - 5:30 pm. Admission is free; reservations are not required.
**NOTE: The National Air and Space Museum has begun a major building renovation which will require the closure of some galleries and public spaces. he full renovation will take approximately seven years. The first of the new galleries is scheduled to open in early 2022 and the full construction project is scheduled to be completed by 2025. Many artifacts will be moved to the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center in Chantilly during the renovation. The Udvar-Hazy Center remains open and offers visitors a chance to get up close and personal with many planes and space artifacts.
- Open For Business:
- Limited Services:
- CDC Recommended Cleaning Procedures:
- Reduced Occupancy/Occupancy Limits:
- Social Distancing Guidelines Enforced:
- Social Distance Markings/Signage:
- No Contact Services:
- Limited Elevator Occupancy:
- Single Point Entry:
- Sneeze Guards/Contact Barriers:
- Hand Wash/Sanitizer Stations:
- Virtual Events:
- Supplies Available for Guests: Hand Sanitizer
- Masks Required-Staff:
- Masks Required-Guest:
- Admission Fee: Free
- Operating Hours: Thursday - Monday, 10:00 am - 5:30 pm
- Gift Shop/Shopping On Site:
- Handicap accessible:
- Hearing services available:
- Metro Line(s): Blue, Green, Orange, Silver, Yellow