Kick those winter blues away with this first sweet, sweet taste of summer. After celebrating an incredible 50th Anniversary season in 2021, Wolf Trap is starting off the next 50 years with a jam-packed summer season lineup at the famed Filene Center – their first full season since 2019 due to the pandemic.
There are genre-spanning, multi-night performances on deck from superstars like Bonnie Raitt and Sting; films-in-concert featuring Star Wars and Harry Potter; modern rock favorites like The Black Crowes and Goo Goo Dolls; plus, Broadway, opera, and family-friendly shows all coming your way in the summer of 2022.
In addition, the Filene Center will be sporting some upgraded amenities, like a brand-new orchestra seating configuration that adds center and cross-walk aisles!
Here’s a sampling of what’s to come this summer at America’s only National Park for the Performing Arts (learn about its unique history here). Tickets go on sale February 19 at 10 am. Plus, stay tuned in the coming months for even more show announcements.
Is it summer yet?! 🎶
Pop & Rock Music Lineup
The concert lineup at Wolf Trap this summer includes legendary musicians, acclaimed indie artists, country superstars, and pop favorites. Here’s what to add to your calendar:
- June 10 & 11: Bonnie Raitt with Lucinda Williams - Just Like That...Tour 2022
- June 16 & 17: Sheryl Crow + Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit
- June 23: The Black Crowes present Shake Your Money Maker played in its Entirety, plus all the hits!
- July 19: Tedeschi Trucks Band with Los Lobos and Gabe Dixon - Wheels of Soul 2022 Tour
- July 20: Jackson Browne
- August 4: Little Big Town
- August 14: David Gray - White Ladder: The 20th Anniversary Tour
- August 19: Fantasia
- August 24: The Decemberists with Brigid Mae Power - Arise from the Bunkers Tour 2022
- September 2 - 4: Sting - My Songs Tour
Broadway, Opera & Film Favorites
Sound of Music Sing-A-Long - Costume Contest
In a winning collaboration between Wolf Trap and the Signature Theatre, Broadway in the Park brings special theatrical performances to the Filene Center. And the kids will be singing along to film favorites as the National Symphony Orchestra performs the film score live.
- June 21: Beautiful: The Carole King Musical
- June 24: Signature Theatre and Wolf Trap present Broadway In The Park
- July 15: Wolf Trap Opera presents Verdi’s La traviata with the National Symphony Orchestra
- July 16: Sing-A-Long Sound of Music
- July 22 & 23: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince™ In Concert
- July 29: Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back in Concert
- July 30: Disney and Pixar’s Toy Story in Concert
Comedy & Special Events
Go-Go with Trouble Funk
Look forward to special celebrations of music styles, cultures, and heritages for memorable nights out. Pair that with gut-busting laughter with some of the world’s best comedic minds and you’ve got a summer to remember.
- May 28: The Original Kings of Go-Go featuring Trouble Funk + E.U. with Sugar Bear + Junkyard Band and DJ Wroyal in a celebration of DC’s official music – go-go!
- June 18: Voodoo Threauxdown with Trombone Shorty and Friends in a mini New Orleans jazz festival
- June 19: A Juneteenth Celebration with Thee Phantom and The Illharmonic Orchestra
- July 27: Ziggy Marley & Steven Marley in a Bob Marley Celebration
- August 20 & 21: Steve Martin and Martin Short - The Funniest Show in Town at the Moment
- August 25 & 26: Wait...Wait, Don’t Tell Me!
- September 14: An Evening with The Washington Ballet with Wolf Trap Orchestra
This is just a handful of shows set for summer 2022 at Wolf Trap. Get the full lineup, as well as safety guidelines and ticketing information, at wolftrap.org and stay tuned in the coming months for even more concert and performance announcements. You won't want to miss this summer of fun at one of the Washington, DC area’s best places for live music and performing arts.
Who are you most excited to see on Wolf Trap’s Filene Center stage? Tell us in the comments below and share your experiences with us on social media using #FXVA and @VisitFairfax.