New for 2023!!!
Kick those winter blues away with this first sweet, sweet taste of summer. Wolf Trap has announced a jam-packed season lineup at the famed Filene Center for Summer 2023.
There are unforgettable summer nights planned with superstars like John Legend, Sting, Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, and Charlie Puth; a first-time, 2-day and 3-stage music festival headlined by Brandi Carlile during Pride Month; farewell tours from blues legend Buddy Guy and hitmaker Kenny Loggins; films-in-concert featuring Star Wars and Jurassic Park; modern favorites like Train and Jason Mraz; plus Broadway, opera, and family-friendly shows all coming your way in the summer of 2023.
Here’s a sampling of what’s to come this summer at America’s only National Park for the Performing Arts (learn about its unique history here). Tickets go on sale February 17 at 10 am. Plus, stay tuned in the coming months for even more show announcements.
Is it summer yet?! 🎶
Pop & Rock Music Lineup
The concert lineup at Wolf Trap this summer includes legendary musicians, acclaimed indie artists, country superstars, and pop favorites. Here’s what to add to your calendar:
- May 25 - 27: The Avett Brothers
- June 2 - 3: John Legend
- June 4: Charlie Puth
- June 11: Buddy Guy - Damn Right Farewell
- June 15: Kenny Loggins: This is It! - His Final Tour
- June 22: Steve Miller Band
- June 23: Charlie Wilson + Babyface
- June 27 - 28: Tedeschi Trucks Band
- June 29: Robert Plant and Alison Krauss - Raising the Roof Tour with JD McPherson
- July 5: Tori Amos - Ocean to Ocean Tour
- August 2: Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit
- August 5: Lyle Lovett and His Large Band with the National Symphony Orchestra
- August 6: Jason Mraz and His Superband
- August 24: Jethro Tull
- August 27: Train
- September 1 - 2: Sting - My Songs Tour
Broadway, Opera & Film Favorites
In a winning collaboration between Wolf Trap and the Signature Theatre, Broadway in the Park returns with a special theatrical performance at the Filene Center. Wolf Trap Opera returns to the Filene Center stage. Plus, kids AND adults will be raptured at classic film favorites as the National Symphony Orchestra performs the film score live.
- June 16: Broadway in the Park featuring Lea Salonga
- July 8: Star Wars: Return of the Jedi in Concert with the National Symphony Orchestra
- July 22: Jurassic Park in Concert with the National Symphony Orchestra
- August 11: Mozart - Don Giovanni by Wolf Trap Opera
Festivals, Dance & Special Events
Look forward to special celebrations of music styles, cultures, and heritages for memorable nights out. Pair that with a never-before-done-at-Wolf Trap, multi-stage music festival and you’ve got a summer to remember.
- June 17 - 18: Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue + Ziggy Marley + Mavis Staples
- June 24 - 25: Out & About Music Festival featuring Brandi Carlile, Yola, Lucius, Rufus Wainwright, Celisse, Brandy Clark, Jake Wesley Rogers, and many more in a 2-day, 3-stage festival celebrating Pride Month
- July 7: The Planets in HD with the National Symphony Orchestra
- July 14 - 15: Joe Hisaishi Symphonic Concert - Music from the Studio Ghibli Films of Hayao Miyazaki
- July 27 - 28: American Ballet Theatre presents Giselle
- July 30: KIDZ BOP - Never Stop Live Tour
- August 23: Shakti - 50th Anniversary Tour with John McLaughlin & Zakir Hussain with Béla Fleck
- August 30: Richmond Ballet presents Carmina Burana with Richmond Symphony & Chorus
This is just a handful of shows set for summer 2023 at Wolf Trap. Get the full lineup and ticketing information at wolftrap.org and stay tuned in the coming months for even more concert and performance announcements. You won't want to miss this summer of fun at one of the Washington, DC area’s best places for live music and performing arts.
Who are you most excited to see on Wolf Trap’s Filene Center stage? Tell us in the comments below and share your experiences with us on social media using #FXVA and @VisitFairfax.