July 4, 2021
814 Ferndale Avenue, Herndon, VA 20170
Herndon's 4th of July Celebration
Join the Town of Herndon for a celebratory fireworks display on Sunday, July 4th at 9:30pm launched from the Herndon Centennial Golf Course. Viewing opportunities at Bready Park, 814 Ferndale Ave. with access for parking and field seating opening no earlier than 8pm. There will be no food concessions or entertainment this year.
- Spectators in and around Bready Park are encouraged to physically distance while watching the fireworks, and be courteous to others by wearing a mask if not fully vaccinated, not smoking, and keeping volume on any personal sound devices to a minimum.
- Remember all coolers and bags may be searched...no alcohol, glass containers or personal fireworks, including sparklers, allowed.
- Please leave pets at home.
- Glass containers, grills or cook stoves are prohibited.
- Bring a blanket or lawn chair.
Traffic & Detours:
Traffic will be rerouted. Motorists should expect detours and alteration of traffic routes throughout town. Ferndale Avenue will close to through traffic from Vine Street to Barton Oaks Place once the event parking lots are full, and will remain closed until the conclusion of the fireworks. (Herndon Centennial golf course access is available until the course closes at dusk)
At the conclusion of the fireworks display expect delays in and around Bready Park for up to 60 minutes, or until traffic clears.
Those parked at the Herndon Community Center may not exit until the Fire Marshal gives the all clear which can be as much as 60 minutes following the fireworks show.
Alternate parking areas may include Herndon Middle School, Herndon Centennial Golf course, and the Station Street Municipal lot.
For your safety, the Fire Marshal prohibits anyone on the Herndon Centennial Golf Course from 8:00-10:30pm on July 4.
In the case of inclement weather, the fireworks might be delayed or postponed until July 5. Call 703-435-6866 for weather updates that evening.