July 4, 2019
814 Ferndale Avenue, Herndon, VA 20170
Herndon's 4th of July Celebration
Join the Town of Herndon on Thursday, July 4, 2019, for a family-fun event featuring patriotic arts & craft activities, live music, family games, bingo, food vendors selling dinner and dessert items, and more. Events take place in Bready Park softball field, 814 Ferndale Ave.
Schedule of Events:
6:30 p.m. - Games, bingo and children's arts & crafts begin - all for free! Festival foods will be available for sale.
7:15 p.m. - The band Guys In Thin Ties will perform covers everyone knows and loves.
9:30 p.m. - Our fabulous fireworks show is choreographed to music and begins at dark, approximately.
Please note traffic will be rerouted. Motorists should expect detours and alteration of traffic routes throughout town at the conclusion of the fireworks display at Bready Park for up to 60 minutes, or until traffic clears. Those parked at the Herndon Community Center may not exit until the Fire Marshal gives the all clear which, can be as much as 60 minutes following the fireworks show.
Ferndale Avenue will close to through traffic from Vine Street to Barton Oaks Place once the event parking lots are full, and will remain closed until the conclusion of the fireworks. (Herndon Centennial golf course access is available until the course closes at dusk)
Click here to read traffic adjustments beginning around 8:30 p.m. on July 4.
- Leave pets and personal fireworks at home.
- Parking is available at Herndon Middle School, Herndon Centennial Golf course, and Herndon Community Center.
Please note: cars parked in the Herndon Community Center parking lot will not be released until the Fire Marshal declares the area safe - a delay of up to 60 minutes after the fireworks show concludes.
- Bring a blanket or lawn chair.
- Remember all coolers and bags may be searched...no alcohol, glass containers or personal fireworks allowed.
- For your safety, the Fire Marshal prohibits anyone on the Herndon Centennial Golf Course from 8:00-10:30 p.m., July 4.
- For fireworks viewing only, park at the Station Street municipal parking lot and watch from either the Herndon Municipal Center or Town Hall greens.
The Herndon Community Center is open on July 4th from 11:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
In the case of inclement weather in the evening, the fireworks might be delayed or just the fireworks show will happen on July 5.