11/27/2020, 11/28/2020, 11/29/2020, 12/11/2020, 12/12/2020, 12/13/2020, 12/26/2020, 12/27/2020, 12/28/2020
5:30 PM to 8:30 PM
Starting at $25-30
3200 Mount Vernon Memorial Highway, Mount Vernon, VA 22121
Visit Mount Vernon for an enchanted evening of winter lights. See the estate illuminated with soft lights and holiday patterns as you listen to Christmas carolers and visit an 18th-century winter encampment.
A Holiday Celebration:
Enter the lantern-lit Historic Area and see the vast stretch of the Bowling Green washed in ambient holiday illumination.
See George Washington’s Mansion lit in beautiful amber light as you hear classic holiday music and patriotic quotes. View the upper garden and greenhouse aglow in blue and lavender lights and watch as wintery light patterns move throughout the space.
During the event, you can:
- Chat with soldiers at an 18th-century winter encampment
- See sparks fly at the Blacksmith shop
- Listen to costumed Christmas carolers
- Meet our holiday guest, Aladdin the Camel
- Shop for artisan-made goods crafted using 18th-century techniques
- Purchase warm food and holiday drinks from the Mount Vernon Inn Food Truck
- Shop for holiday gifts at The Shops at Mount Vernon
- Social Distancing: We ask guests to maintain 6-feet of social distancing. Signage is placed throughout the estate to remind guests.
- Facial Coverings: All guests and staff will be required to wear facial coverings both indoors and outdoors when social distancing cannot be maintained. Costumes with masks are encouraged!
- Hand Sanitizer: We have installed hand sanitizer stations around the estate as well as signage promoting proper hygiene.